Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shocks and Tractor Tires


Natalia was invited to go horseback riding 2 times last week! Her favorite thing in a new country. She has a big smile on her face most of the time!


We went to a hot springs at Papallacta over the weekend with the group of college missionaries. Tali had a great time! It seems she is game for any type of adventure. I may regret that when she is an adult and traveling around the world...


We decided to go shopping downtown in an open air market the other day. Nate doesn't have time to go with us so some friends have been so gracious to make sure we get out and about! The taxi drivers crammed my wheelchair into their trunks and tied it shut with a piece of plastic bag. Whatever works!

There were more ramps than I expected in the side walks, but at times I had to get out of the chair while Tali and our friends or a passerby lifted the chair over the curb or steps...or to go around a police car that was parked on the side walk. Between the potholes that my wheelchair would sometimes lurch into we had to watch for grates and grooves in the pavement that were just the right width to grab my front wheels. (I think I could use some shocks and maybe tractor tires instead!) It was an adventure, but Tali thanked me several times afterwards because she enjoyed it so much. We saw lots of crafts from around the country and bought a few things. But it was her smile that was the best! Tali's arms are still sore from all the pushing and pulling.

Our time with the Waorani is fast approaching and I'm struggling to know what I want to say and how to express it. My heart is already overflowing with emotion. If I want any help with the language from my dad it has to happen before we're out of email contact.

No comments: