Saturday, February 13, 2010

At the market, “My Friend”



After a hard week of physical labor in the tropical heat, today the team got the chance to relax. We went to a local market area and discovered there are some serious power shoppers amongst us. Woodcarvings, Kente cloth and jewelry were among the finds. Hard bargaining was required and every time right as you exited a small shop you were met by another smiling face saying, “My friend, come this way. You look at my shop.” I did pretty well, getting most items down around 50 percent of the asking price. All part of the game. I hope Rachelle and Natalia like the little things I got for them.

After some rest and repacking this afternoon we finally got the entire group together at Lee and Michelle Sonius’ house. The team from Ecuador met the team from Woodmen Valley and the rest of the Woodmen Valley folks arrived safe and sound. Theo and his wife Monica were also there to welcome the newcomers and interact with those of us they already know. Even Duane arrived and is bunking with Louis and I.

We are all looking forward to working together and I’m looking forward to getting to work with the returning medical folks again. Go God!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am praying for you Nate. Thanks for the update, my friend. Maybe Waters Edge can send a team with you sometime soon!