Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Angels Singing

Second day at Tangsega. An earlier start and the previous setup from Saturday allowed us to see about 143 patients throughout the day.

Once things were up and running the pace of seeing patients was steady and constant in the clinic. Dr. Xavier Sanchez noted seeing a 6 year old girl who had been burned at a young age. She had lost two fingers and had burn scars on her hand and arm as well as on a large part of her scalp.
The mother asked Dr. Sanchez if he could do anything to get the hair to grow back on her head. Sadly, there is little he could do.

Dr. Steve Nelson mentioned the case of an otherwise healthy 55 year old woman with high enough blood pressure. He wants her to begin seeing a doctor on a regular basis to control this with medicines. Despite his best efforts via the interpreter, Moses, to convince her, he doubts that the woman will begin regular checkups.

It was her first visit to a doctor in her whole life.

Rebecca and Dorothy jumped into the masses of children, teaching some songs and proper hand washing to the kids. Exhausted at the end of the day, Dorothy remained very excited that the children spent almost two hours just drawing with pencil and paper. And Rebecca had special news indeed.


Guest Blogger: Rebecca Weber

Today I experienced the most exciting moment of my life. I was sitting in a hot stuffy room in the small village of Tangsega, Burkina Faso, crowded with over 75 kids.

I got up to speak about the characteristics of God and before I knew it the Holy Spirit was guiding my words into the salvation topic. Shortly after, more than 50 children were accepting Christ into their hearts. I don’t think I have ever seen something so beautiful in my life.

God is DEFINITELY at work here. It’s plain as day. My spirit has been rejuvenated and my soul is singing.

1 comment:

jan said...

Dear Becca,It's great to see the Lord's got a grip on you and is pleased to use you is such a way. Blessings to all. Jan King from Huntington